Everyone’s needs are unique and no one person ages or deals with their reducing independence in the same way.
Here are 6 tips to help you with decision making for the right aged care or disability services.
1. Living situations, responsibilities and belief systems vary greatly and what works for one family
may not be ideal for the next.
2. Identifying the right time for community care is the first step.
3. When and what type of care (residential, respite or at home) involves rational decision making and
depends on the individual lifestyle aspirations of the care-recipient. Financial considerations must
also be considered.
4. Informed decision making that involves the person who requires care and family and friends is the
key to making the right decision.
5. Glasshouse Country Care can provide all the information needed to make the best possible care decision for yourself or your loved-one.
6. Don’t rush the decision making process. Take the time to consider all options and ensure that
everyone involved is confident in the decision made.